Dysport® is a cosmetic injectable very similar to Botox®, but with some important key differences that may be better suited to your specific aesthetic goals.
Decreasing Wrinkles with Dysport
Choosing between Botox and Dysport comes down to a matter of preference. Both are excellent neuromodulators that work by blocking the signal from the nerves to the muscles that cause wrinkles to form. Dysport’s biggest differences are that results are visible more quickly than with Botox (only 1-3 days to appear while Botox can take up to one week), Dysport is often better for stronger muscles and larger areas, and the way Dysport disperses gives it a more “blended” look with the rest of the face. If you’re unsure whether to choose Botox or Dysport, Chicago’s Beautify at AMS boasts some of the most knowledgeable and experienced aestheticians in the business, and they would be more than happy to help you make an informed decision.
Where is Dysport Used?
- Facial wrinkles
- Crow’s feet
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Vertical “11” lines between the brows
Dysport Treatment Details
When you arrive at our med spa in Chicago, Dysport preparations will include cleansing your skin and applying a topical numbing agent as needed. We use a very fine needle to administer Dysport into the targeted muscles that are causing wrinkles to form. These injections are very tolerable and feel like a small pinch. Treatment time is usually 10-20 minutes.
What to Avoid After Treatment
- Scrubbing or rubbing your face (for 24 hours)
- Any activity where you are facing downward (for 24 hours)
- Sleeping on your face (for 24 hours)
- Facials (for one week)
- Tanning (two weeks)
- Icing the area
- Touching any small bumps that may appear at the injection site (for 20 minutes)
- High-intensity exercise (for 24 hours)
- Excessive heat (hot yoga, showers, saunas, hot tubs, baths, etc., for 48 hours)
- Alcohol (for 24 hours)
- Lying down or reclining (for four hours)
- Applying makeup (30-45 minutes)
What to Expect
Although the majority of patients return to their regular activities immediately after their Dysport treatment, you may experience some common side effects, which include nausea, redness, tenderness, swelling, bruising, inflammation, and/or headache. Results are typically apparent within 1-3 days and last 3-6 months. You can return for a touch-up in 90 days.
Dysport Injections from Beautify at AMS
If you’re ready to reduce your wrinkles and fall in love with more youthful-looking skin, we encourage you to reach out to us to set up a consultation. Beautify at AMS is a full-range medical spa and board-certified plastic surgery center serving the Chicago area and beyond. At our high-end, boutique-style med spa, we treat our patients like family. Our goal is to deliver the very best results while also providing a great experience for you. We aren’t like a day spa where you come in and lounge; rather, we are a results-driven practice with a focus on achieving your cosmetic goals. If you’d like to learn more about Dysport, contact us today.
Candidates for Dysport
If you’re in the Chicago area and you’re considering Dysport treatments, you may be an excellent candidate. Those who make the best patients for this injectable treatment are those who:
- Are at least 18 years old
- Want to reduce facial lines, wrinkles, and creases
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Do not have a milk allergy
- Do not have an allergy to any of the ingredients of Dysport
- Do not have any type of neurological disorder or muscle spasms
- Are in good general health
- Have realistic expectations for what Dysport can accomplish