As we become older, the forehead starts to look heavier and slope downward. This can result in a “resting face” with a sad, tired, or angry expression. This is where a brow lift can greatly help.
Look Like Your Real Self Again
The natural effects of facial aging are often most apparent around the eyes. As the years pass us by, collagen in the face begins to degrade, and our signature features begin to droop and sag. For many, a substantial brow lift is an ideal solution to improve the early signs of aging. This procedure has the ability to restore those elevated, youthful eyebrows and achieve a raised, defined arch. This results in an appearance that is more rejuvenated, refreshed, friendly, and inviting.
What Can a Brow Lift Do?
- Restore the original position of the eyebrows
- Lift and re-position the brow line
- Open up and refresh the eyes
- Reduce horizontal forehead lines
- Tighten the forehead skin
- Deliver a rejuvenated, friendly, younger-looking appearance
The Brow Lift Procedure
A surgical brow lift is performed with the patient under local or general anesthesia and takes 1-2 hours. The type of anesthesia that will be used and the approach to your brow lift will be discussed during your consultation. For eyebrow lifting and contouring, scarring is reduced with a minimal incision hidden in the hairline.
Alternatively, for patients with a receding hairline, a forehead reduction or hairline-lowering brow lift might be a better option. At Beautify at AMS, our surgeons are very careful to minimize the visibility of scars.
Brow lift procedures are occasionally performed in conjunction with corrugator muscle surgery—or removal of the corrugator supercilii, the frowning forehead muscle responsible for creating frown lines—thereby improving overall appearance and reversing the aging process.
Enhancing a Brow Lift
with Non-Surgical Treatments
At Beautify at AMS in Chicago, brow lifts are often complemented with advanced, minimally invasive techniques that can provide additional lift, promote skin tightening, and achieve a subtle, elevated look (even without surgery). These include:
- Injectable dermal fillers to lift and volumize the temples, forehead, and eyebrows
- Neuromodulator injections (also known as a “chemical brow lift”)
- Dissolvable NovaThreads beneath the skin for an immediate and long-term lift
- Thermage® radiofrequency for skin tightening
- Ultherapy® ultrasound skin tightening treatments
Recovery from a Brow Lift
The majority of brow lift patients take 10 days off from work and regular activities. The first week following surgery, you may have a headache, numbness, bruising, swelling, and nausea.
We will be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have about recovery during your consultation with us. You can expect to see final results from your brow lift in about four months.
Brow Lift Surgery at Beautify at AMS
If you’re interested in what a brow lift can do for you, we encourage you to contact us to set up your consultation. During this meeting, Chicago’s brow lift specialists at Beautify at AMS will determine the optimal approach to meet your desired goals. We are a full-range medical spa and board-certified plastic surgery center offering patients a wide variety of cosmetic services all under one roof. Surgeries such as a brow lift are done at our state-of-the-art, accredited surgical center by our plastic surgeons from the University of Illinois at Chicago. We are a results-driven practice focused on delivering your desired outcome. To us, it’s priceless when a patient looks in the mirror and likes what they see.
Candidates for Brow Lift Surgery
If you’re in the Chicago area and you’re interested in brow lift surgery, you may be an excellent candidate. The best patients for this procedure are those who:
- Are bothered by their sloping forehead
- Are bothered by their sad, angry, or tired “resting face”
- Are bothered by horizontal forehead lines
- Are non-smokers in general good health
- Fully understand the brow lift procedure and recovery process
- Have realistic expectations for what a brow lift can accomplish