When your eyes are open and bright, age has no number. Blepharoplasty is an eyelid surgery that can treat the upper lids, lower lids, or both to achieve a more refreshed appearance. At Beautify at AMS in Chicago, blepharoplasty is performed in our state-of-the-art plastic surgery center.
What Does Recovery Involve?
- Approximately one week of recovery
- Keep your head elevated during recovery to minimize swelling
- Eyelids may feel tight, sore, sticky, blurry, light sensitive, and/or dry during recovery
- Eyelids may be swollen, leaky, and/or discolored during recovery
- Expect bruising that subsides within one week
- Take it easy the first few days after surgery
- Sutures are removed in about five days
- Do not wear contact lenses for three weeks
- Do not exercise until we advise you to