If you’re bothered by a double chin, “turkey neck”, or creased neck skin, a neck lift may be the ideal procedure to address your concerns.
Tightening and Re-Contouring the Neck
The aging neck—often characterized by wrinkles, crepey or sagging skin, the appearance of a “turkey neck”, and/or muscular banding—is due to natural, gradual changes in our skin, muscle, and subcutaneous fat over time (or also through weight fluctuations). A lower rhytidectomy, more commonly known as a “neck lift”, tightens and re-contours the neck by addressing all three of these layers simultaneously.
Key Benefits of a Neck Lift
- Reduces a double chin
- Tightens sagging neck skin or “turkey neck”
- Defines the profile, chin, neck, and jawline/jowls
- Softens neck creases and crepiness
- Delivers a more contoured, youthful-appearing neck
- Enhances self-esteem and confidence
What Happens During Neck Surgery?
At Beautify at AMS in Chicago, neck lifts are performed in conjunction with laser liposuction and take a submental incision approach. This involves creating a three-centimeter incision beneath the chin.
Through this concealed, minimal incision, your surgeon will undermine the skin, remove the fat, internally shrink the skin, and tighten the muscle.
For patients with more significant skin looseness or laxity in the neck and jowl/jawline area, a combination neck lift and facelift approach may be most effective to provide significant lift, contour, and tightening.
Non Invasive and Minimally Invasive Treatments
To achieve subtle yet visible improvements in neck lifting, tightening, and contouring without surgery, our surgeons often use a combination of non-invasive and minimally invasive treatments, including:
- Thermage® radiofrequency skin tightening
- Ultherapy® ultrasound skin tightening
- Belotero® filler and neuromodulator injections to address neck folds, wrinkles, and band lines
- Kybella® injections to destroy fat cells and help eliminate a double chin
- Dermal fillers to define and contour the jawline and chin
- Silhouette InstaLift™ threading to provide an immediate, lasting lift in the cheeks, jawline, jowls, and neck
Recovery and Results
After a neck lift at Chicago's Beautify at AMS, most patients need about two weeks to recover. The area may be wrapped with surgical bandages for a few days. Common side effects include swelling, bruising, and mild discomfort.
You can expect to see results in about four months, and these results will last for years to come. We will be happy to go over everything you will need to know regarding recovery during your consultation with us.
Neck Lift Surgery at Beautify at AMS
At Beautify at AMS, we believe it’s priceless when a patient looks in the mirror and likes what they see. That’s why we are so results-driven and determined to get you the outcome you want. We are a full-range medical spa and board-certified plastic surgery center offering a wide variety of cosmetic services. Our medspa is a high-end, boutique-style space and our accredited surgical center is spacious and state-of-the-art. If you’re in the Chicago area and you’re interested in neck lift surgery, we encourage you to contact us to schedule a consultation.
Candidates for a Neck Lift
If you’re in the Chicago area and you’re considering a neck lift, it may be the perfect procedure for you. Those who make excellent candidates for this procedure are those who:
- Are bothered by their double chin or “turkey neck”
- Have creased or crepey neck skin
- Are non-smokers in overall good health
- Are able to dedicate enough time to recovery
- Feel that their neck is adding age or weight to their appearance
- Fully understand the procedure and recovery process
- Have realistic expectations for what a neck lift can do